Full Service Professional Grooming
- thorough brushing to get out any loose undercoat
- haircut according to owners preferences
- nails cut and filed
- ears cleaned
- bath and blow dry
I specialize in scissor cuts. As long as you do your part and maintain your dog's coat between groomings, I will make your dog shine!
PRICES - My prices reflect the amount of time I spend on your dog. I do not shortcut my work to save you money; that's what Petco is for. I do only high quality work and finish every dog to the best of my ability.
- Small & medium dogs only - maximum weight around 65 pounds
- Dogs must be trained & well behaved - My work space is small and cannot accommodate dogs that panic, jump around on the table, or attempt to bolt out of the tub. If your dog has not been taught to tolerate handling and noise, please do not request my services.
- Puppy's first professional grooming experience - puppy must be 4 months old or less. Older puppies that have not eperienced the handling of a groomer and the noise of their shop will be nervous which often leads to difficult behavior. I can teach young puppies while they are still small and have not developed any bad habits. Older puppies will need to find another groomer.
- Scissor cuts for non shedding breeds - coats must be well maintained and free of mats and tangles. If you can't get a wide toothed comb through it, I can't leave it long. Any length longer than a half inch requires a scissor cut. A matted or tangled coat will be cut as short as needed to get a clipper through it. To maintain a scissored cut, you will need to keep a regular grooming schedule of approximately every 5 - 8 weeks, depending on your dog's specific coat.
- Long, double coated breeds - coats should be well maintained. There should not be large matted areas or thick feces stuck in their fur. Weekly brushings should be sufficient to maintain this type of coat. I charge for my skills with a scissors and clippers. The grunt work of brushing out tangles and dirty areas should be done at home. I expect to brush out loose undercoat only. There is no special deshedding treatment - my grooming services of brushing, washing, and blow drying will get out most of the loose undercoat. These breeds will continue to have more coat lossening up each and every day. To keep the shedding to a minimum, daily brushing during seasonal sheds will be necessary.